Audited - Transport Canada
We are one of the few RPAS training academies audited by Transport Canada.
Trusted Trainer Coast-to-Coast
We train pilots for Emergency Response, Industry, BVLOS, & More.
Custom Training Programs
We create customized training programs in all industry sectors including BVLOS.
VOLATUS WINTER SPECIAL
Take Advantage of WINTER by adding a new industry technical skill, or certification
ALL COURSES & TRAINING
Whatever your training or certification needs - Volatus has the expertise to train, certify and support you.
Advanced RPAS Ground School
Pilot Certificate | Online | Self-paced
A complete self-paced ground school learning program to the TP15263 standard. Start from the absolute basics and learn the subject matter required by Transport Canada for professional advanced drone operations. The course includes online content (approx. 35 hrs of self-study and over 10 hrs of video), continuous knowledge assessments, advanced RPAS multi choice exam practice, and regular weekly live webinars with experienced instructors to answer your questions and help support your journey to becoming a certified drone pilot.
Our extensive, multi-choice question bank (650+ question) is based upon the Transport Canada subject matter knowledge requirements. We provide a fully randomized practice exam that can be taken as many times as you wish to prepare for your TC exam.
Important Note: If you need to buy multiple courses at once, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact forms. Thank you!
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
- All the learning material required to successfully complete the Transport Canada exam
- Live weekly Q&A sessions to review points
- Access to our pilot resources
- Access to pre-recorded webinars
- Practice exam with over 650 randomized questions to give you a chance to thoroughly practice before taking the Transport Canada exam
Module 1: Airframes, Engines, and Systems
Learn about the most common types of RPAS, propulsion systems, and electrical components.
Module 2: Aviation Law, Air Traffic Rules, and Procedures
Review the most important regulations that you should know before flying.
Module 3: Flight Operations
Operating an RPAS safely starts with key knowledge on how to handle a wide range of situations. This module will give you all the tools to make sound decisions once out in the field.
Module 4: Meteorology
Weather is a critical parameter to consider before, during, and after your flight. Knowing how to read the skies and use the available tools will make your operations safer.
Module 5: Navigation
Maps, GPS, Compass, those are all tools that can help you conduct safe operations.
Module 6: Theory of Flight
A big component of flying is understanding the forces at play and how they impact each part of your RPAS.
Module 7: Human Factors
Safety starts with a sound mind and a sound body, and human factors should be considered at all times.
Module 8: Radiotelephony
Communication with your team and other aircraft in the airspace is critical for safety, this module will teach you the basics of radiotelephony.
Practical Exam | 90 Minutes | 18 Locations
The Transport Canada Advanced Flight Review exam is one of the requirements for conducting advanced operations with your drone and assesses your ability to operate a drone safely. The flight review takes approximately 90 mins and is scheduled upon request.
- You must have passed the Transport Canada Advanced RPAS Pilot exam to do a Flight Review
- You are responsible for providing the RPAS and all necessary equipment required to safely operate during the flight review.
- Volatus Academy RPAS equipment can be made available upon request (additional charges apply)
- If you fail the flight review, you must wait at least 24 hrs before attempting it again (additional charges apply)
- The Flight Review price is based on conducting it at one of the Volatus training academy locations across Canada. If your location is not listed, please contact us to discuss options.
5 Locations | Drones Supplied
Flight training is a key part of developing the skills you need to safely operate your drone. We offer you the chance to join a professional instructor for a full day, learning everything from the absolute basics to the advanced skills required for your Flight Review.
- 1 hr webinar session to review requirements and pre-training exercises before the day of the training
- 1-full day hands-on training session (max 2 students per instructor)
- Training days are scheduled regularly and dates are confirmed after registration
- Introduction to drone operations and safety
- Review of site survey and emergency procedures
- Demonstration and practice of basic RPAS controls
- Flight awareness and workload management practice
- Incident management and decision making exercises
- Flight Review practice routines and feedback review
- This training is perfect to get ready for your flight review and help develop long-lasting operational skills and safe practices.
BVLOS Preparedness Training
In Canada, Volatus Aerospace experts are working with and supporting the work of Transport Canada to realize its vision for drone operations. They want to see drones safely and securely integrated into Canadian skies as part of a modern national civil aviation system.
Specifically, we support innovation through safety regulation understanding and acceptance. A top priority for Transport Canada is developing regulations for lower-risk Beyond Visual Line Of Sight (BVLOS) operations in rural and remote areas. This is why we are offering a BVLOS Preparedness Training Course.
Implementation of BVLOS low-risk regulations will increase the regulatory obligations of all drone operators. It’s important that industry professionals gain the expertise they will need in safety equipment and acquisition of BVLOS flight competency, and achieve future regulatory approvals for your BVLOS operations.
Radio Operator Exam
ROC-A Certificate | Online
The ROC-A Radiotelephony Certificate allows you to communicate with air traffic control and manned aircraft using an aeronautical VHF radiotelephone and is generally expected for professional drone operators operating in controlled airspace. This exam can be scheduled at any time (arranged between student and instructor) and includes the ROC-A operators license.
Pilot Certificate | Online | Self-paced | USA
This course will help you pass the FAA Part 107 drone license test – so you can fly drones commercially in the USA.
To be eligible to receive your Remote Pilot Certificate, you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Be in a physical and mental condition to safely fly a UAS
What does the course cover?
The course will take you through everything you need to know to pass the FAA Part 107 Knowledge Test, including:
- Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
- Airspace classification, operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operations
- Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
- Small unmanned aircraft loading and performance
- Emergency procedures
- Crew Resource Management
- Radio communication procedures
- Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making and judgment
- Airport operations
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
- Operation at night
Task Force Drone
Professional RPAS Operational Skills Diploma
Diploma | 14 Days | Atlantic Volatus Skygate RPAS Training Academy
Funding & Tuition Fees
Complete Diploma with Certification - $4,999
- Special rates are available at the Slemon Park Hotel, please contact us for more information
- All RPAS and safety equipment is provided
- Strict COVID protocols remain in place with each student having their own desk and RPAS equipment to use and maintain during the course
- A deposit of $1,250 will secure a seat and will be applied to the final tuition fee (payable prior to start date)
- Tuition fees are exclusive of HST
Up to 8 spaces available in each time slot, we will allocate places on a first come first serve basis.